The project is based on a Patent by Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, developed inside MAAT EU 7FP Project (www.eumaat.info)the patent can be found in both versions at the following address:
- Italian Original Patent Request:
Ugello capace di deviare in modo dinamico e controllabile un getto sintetico senza parti meccaniche in movimento e relativo sistema di controllo.
- WPO Patent:
WO2013005132 – NOZZLE CAPABLE OF DEVIATING A SYNTHETIC JET IN A DYNAMIC AND CONTROLLABLE MANNER WITH NO MOVING MECHANICAL PARTS AND A CONTROL SYSTEM THEREOF
Inventors in alphabetical order are:
- BAFFIGI, Federica; (IT).
- DUMAS, Antonio; (IT).
- GIULIANI, Ilaria; (IT).
- MADONIA, Mauro; (IT).
- TRANCOSSI, Michele; (IT)
- Kondratieff, N. D. “On the Notion of Economic Statics, Dynamics and Fluctuations”. Moscow, 1924, also in Problems of Economic Fluctuations (1936), Institute for Business Cycle Research.
- Kondratieff, N. D. Dynamics of Economic Development: Long Cycles and Industrial Growth in Historical Context. Macmillan, London, 1998.
- Schumpeter, J., Depressions: Can we learn from past experience?, Econ. of the Recovery Program, 1934
- Schumpeter, J., The Historical Approach to the Analysis of Business Cycles, NBER Conference on Business Cycle Research, 1949.
- Goldstein, J., Long Cycles: Prosperity and War in the Modern Age, Yale Univ. Press, New Haven, 1988.
- COM 494 of 2 December 1992: ‘The future development of the common transport policy’.
- COM 370, 12/09/ 2001: ‘European transport policy for 2010: time to decide’.
- COM 446, 20/09/2005: Thematic Strategy on air pollution.
- DIR 96/62/EC on ambient air quality assessment and management (Air Quality Framework Directive).
- COM 640 01/12/ 1998: ‘Air Transport and the Environment’.
- VISION 2020, Report of Group of Personalities, January 2001
- COM 370, 12/09/2001: The white paper
- REG No 1702/2003, 24/09/ 2003: ‘Environmental certification of aircraft, their parts and appliances’.
- COM 317 (2005) 27 September 2005: Aviation and Climate Change
- EU Council Conclusions 2 December 2005- Reducing climate change impact of aviation
- COM 03/03/2010: Europe 2020: a European strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth
- Trancossi M., Dumas A., Madonia M., Giuliani I. and Baffigi, IT. Patent n. RE2011A000049, “Ugello ca-pace di deviare in modo dinamico e controllabile un getto sintetico senza parti meccaniche in movimento e suo sistema di controllo”, 30/06/2011, owned by University of Modena and Reggio Emilia;
- Trancossi M., Dumas A., “Coanda Syntetic Jet Deflection Apparatus And Control”, SAE Technical Papers N. 2011-01-2590, Issn 0148-7191, 2011;
- Trancossi M., Dumas A., “ ACHEON: Aerial Coanda High Efficiency Orienting-Jet Nozzle ”, Sae Technical Papers N. 2011-01-2737, Issn 0148-7191, 2011;
- Trancossi M., Dumas A., Cfd Based Design Of A Nozzle Able To Control Angular Deflection, ASME Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress And Exposition 2011, Denver (CO), USA, November 2012;
- Trancossi, M., “An Overview Of Scientific And Technical Literature On Coanda Effect Applied To Nozzles”, SAE Technical Papers N. 2011-01-2591, Issn 0148-7191, 2011;
- Coanda, H., US Patent n. 3,261,162, Lifting Device Coanda Effect, 1936, USA;
- Coanda, H., US Patent # 2,052,869, Device for Deflecting a Stream of Elastic Fluid Projected into an Elastic Fluid, 1936;
- Newman, B. G., The Deflexion of Plane Jets by Adjacent Boundaries, in Coanda Effect, Boundary Layer and Flow Control , edited by G. V. Lachmann, Vol. 1, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1961, pp. 232–264;
- Bradshaw, P., “Effects of Streamline Curvature on Turbulent Flow,” AGARDograph , 1990, AGARDo-graph AG-169;
- Postma, A. K., Smith J. D. and Trent D. S., Development of a Concept for a High Capacity Pneumatic Conveying System Employing a Fluid Attachment Device for Use in Underground Excavation, Final Technical Report, US Bureau of Mines, 1973;
- Juvet, P. J. D., Control of High Reynolds Number Round Jets, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, 1993;
- Allen, D. S. and Smith B. L., “Axisymmetric Coanda-assisted vectoring,” submitted to Exp. Fluids, December, 2007;
- Smith, B. L., High-speed jet control, United States Patent Application 20070158468;
- Smith, B. L., High-speed jet control, United States Patent 7757966, 2010;
- Allen, D. S. and Smith B. L., “Axisymmetric Coanda-assisted vectoring,” submitted to Exp. Fluids, De-cember, 2007;
- Allen, D. S., Axisymmetric Coanda-Assisted Vectoring (2008). All Graduate Theses and Dissertations. Paper 90. http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/etd/90;
- Wing, D. J., “Static Investigation of Two Fluidic Thrust-Vectoring Concepts on a Two- Dimensional Convergent-Divergent Nozzle,” Tech. Rept. NASA TM-4574, Hampton, VA, 1994;
- Mason, M. S., and Crowther, W. J., “Fluidic Thrust Vectoring of Low Observable Aircraft,” CEAS Aerospace Aerodynamic Research Conference, June 2002.
Papers published by the ACHEON Project Consortium
1. J. C. Páscoa, A. Dumas, M. Trancossi, P. Stewart, D. Vucinic, “A review of thrust-vectoring in support of a V/STOL non-moving mechanical propulsion system”, Central European Journal of Engineering, September 2013, vol. 3, Issue 3, pp 374-388, doi: 10.2478/s13531-013-0114-9. [Related to WP2];
2. S. Maharshi and A. Dumas, “Computational Study of Coanda Adhesion Over Curved Surface,”
SAE Int. J. Aerosp. 6(1):260-272, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-2302. [Related to WP3];
3. M. Trancossi, A. Dumas, and D. Vucinic, , “Mathematical Modeling of Coanda Effect,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2195, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-2195. [Related to WP2];
3. M. Trancossi, J. Pascoa, “ThermoJet an Old Concept Which Can Prelude a Future Green Air Transport”, SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2205, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-2205. [Related to WP5];
4. F. Grimaccia, “Regulatory and Standardization Process for Unconventional Aircraft in Light UAV Segment,” SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2103, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-2103. [Related to WP2];
5. M. Trancossi, S. Maharshi, D. Angeli, Mathematical modelling of a two Streams Coanda effect Nozzle, Proceedings of IMECE2013, IMECE2013-63459,to be published ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, November 15-21, San Diego, California, USA. [Related to WP2];
6. A. Dumas, M. Trancossi, S. Maharshi, J.M. Pascoa, “The Influence of Surface temperature on Coanda Surface”, Energy Procedia (An Elsevier Journal);
7. S. Maharshi, A. Dumas, M. Trancossi, Computational Study of the Coanda Flow Using the K-zeta-f Turbulence Model, Proceeding of the 2013 CAE conference.
Papers in press
8. Trancossi M., S. Maharshi, Andeli D, “Mathematical modelling of a two streams Coanda effect nozzle”, ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exposition 2013, Track 1 Advances in Aerospace Technoology, Topic 1.3 Advances in Propulsion System, Sand Diego November 15-21, 2013.
Papers submitted under review
1. S. Maharshi, M. Trancossi, A. Dumas, Study of Design Parameters of the Coanda Flow for V/STOL through CFD, Journal of Propulsion and Power. [Related to WP2 and WP3];
2. Shyam. S Das, J. Pascoa, M. Trancossi, A. Dumas, Solving Operational Effects produced by 3D Flows on the Novel ACHEON system. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. [Related to WP2 and WP3].